It was in 1720, under the reign of Louis XV, that Fargeon Elder, Perfumer and Distiller of the King and his Court, gives birth to the “Maison Oriza”.
Louis XV, King of France, is the first client of Fargeon Elder who is awarded the title of Provider of the Court of France.
Elderberry gives its name to “Maison Oriza” in reference to the creams and rice powders it makes (Oriza Sativa refers to the cultivated species of rice and includes many varieties).
The Revolution passes and the old House Fargeon remains standing and henceforth provides the Emperor Napoleon.
From 1811, Mr. Louis Legrand became sole owner of the House and then installed the “Perfumery Oriza” at 207 rue Saint-Honoré in Paris.
He runs the House for many years and gives it a real importance. Antonin Raynaud, his partner interested in profits, becomes his successor in 1860. Anxious to perpetuate the prestige of this rich House, he installs the very first perfume steam plant in Levallois-Perret.
The “Maison Oriza L. Legrand” is the official and patented supplier of the largest foreign courts (Russia, Italy, England) and provides the French Court until Napoleon III.
In the second half of the 19th century, the rise of modern perfumery brought to the fore the “Oriza L. Legrand” factory, considered as an economic and social model of its kind.
In 1887, the factory of Levallois-Perret leaves the first perfume in the world in solid form.
The history of “Maison Oriza L. Legrand” continues under the leadership of two independent entrepreneurs, Hugo Lambert and Franck Belaiche-Bonniot, passionate about the history of French perfumery. Together they give life back to the most beautiful creations of the House, after years of historical research.
The demanding resurgence of the Maison Oriza L. Legrand was carried out with the help of French craftsmen and family businesses, in keeping with the tradition of the Master Perfumers and the most noble raw materials.