Samsung’s Good Lock was first released in 2016 and it allowed users to tweak how TouchWiz looked on Android Marshmallow. With Android Oreo, Samsung brought Good Lock back with a whole lot more features. Last week, Samsung posted on their official forums that they would be updating Good Lock for One UI just in time for the launch of the Galaxy S10 family. Xiaomi’s game has seen a big, big step up in the past few years. Following the official rollout of Android 10 back in September last year, Xiaomi showcased MIUI 11 at a launch event later that month. Shortly thereafter, the company started rolling out MIUI 11 for a number of Xiaomi and Redmi devices, however, the software was still based on older versions of Android.
- Every year, the Chinese OEM splits efforts between the domestic and global update policies, and this year is no different.
- To go the whole way, you need to unroot your phone as well.
- While the Mi 9T Pro and Redmi Note 8 Pro belong to completely different segments, both handsets offer the best in their respective brackets at bargain prices.
- We hope that the above-given procedure is easy to use and successful to install Stock Firmware on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Spreadtrum-powered.
- However, the outstanding prices of both the products will force most buyers to overlook their respective shortcomings.
The AOSP-based ROM is created by XDA Recognized Developer Agent_fabulous, who is also the maintainer of this particular phone. If you want some Google Pixel goodies on top of vanilla Android https://www.myqvi.com/discover-the-power-of-leagoo-lead-1i-the-ultimate/, you can also give the Pixel Experience ROM by XDA Member ZIDAN44 a go. According to the developers, the current build might not be suitable as a daily driver due to a partially working radio interface layer. If you want to bite the bullet anyway, grab the builds from the following links. Once you’re done installing TWRP on your device, you’ll be able to flash the POSP custom ROM from the link below.
This method will also let you enjoy many other benefits on your phone. And where they are available, they’re also more difficult to install than either of the other methods we’ve outlined. Some require a manual approach using the ADB and Fastboot tools with the command line. The quickest way to revert your phone back to its stock ROM is to restore your Nandroid backup.
If you’re accustomed to working with a rooted phone, there should be nothing in this guide that’s peculiar or alarming. Finally, you might want to relock your bootloader as well. The most common method is to use Fastboot with the command fastboot oem lock or fastboot flashing lock. A Nandroid backup is a full system backup created in the recovery. You should create one every time you flash a new ROM or install any kind of mod. It’s the first tool you should use if you ever need to unbrick your phone. Our open-source apps are here to help you get through the day.